Here are the top 37 ways to ruin your child before age three.
- Use any interventions during labor. Even an I.V. for fluids is horrible. Epidurals and c-sections are the end of the world.
- Have a natural birth. All the stress and pain of labor and birth will damage your child.
- Breastfeed your baby.
- Formula feed your baby.
- Give your baby a pacifier.
- Use disposable diapers.
- Use cloth diapers.
- Let your baby fall asleep on you.
- Make sure baby only sleeps in a bed.
- Hold your baby when he or she cries.
- Let your baby cry it out.
- Start solid food at 4 months.
- Start solid foods at 6 months.
- Delay starting solids.
- Feed baby store bought baby food.
- Make your own baby food.
- Let baby wear shoes.
- Have baby learn to walk barefoot.
- Use a leash for safety.
- Not use a leash for safety.
- Allow your little one to watch TV.
- Allow no TV at all.
- Feed your toddler sweets.
- Feed your toddler nothing but organic health food.
- Spare the rod.
- Don’t vaccinate.
- Selectively vaccinate.
- Use bottles.
- Use sippy cups.
- Use regular cups.
- Allow a two year old to use a high chair.
- Send your child to daycare.
- Stay at home with your child.
- Homeschool your child.
I could go on and on!
My point in this tongue-in-cheek sarcastic post is just to remind us all that this parenting thing is hard. Every child is different. Every family is different. No one book or method will fit you or your child perfectly.
God has given us the perfect children. Perfect for us! Their sins are custom-made to stretch us to sanctification. There are MANY ways to be a successful Christian parent. The best way? Spend a big chunk of time on your knees in prayer.
You will run in to people who question and disagree with your parenting choices. Cling to Christ. Make your parenting decisions with Him. Grow a thick mommy skin and graciously step away from confrontations. You know what works best for your family!
You know what? You aren’t ruining your child! Sure there are benefits to certain things, but each situation is different. Let’s support each other rather than tear down!