I’ve found myself in a rut of worry and negativity lately. I won’t go into details. They aren’t important. What is important is changing my heart. What better way than to reflect on blessings.
Today, I am thankful for:
- the joy my children find in the smallest things
- my home
- the unconditional love from my husband
- the gift of salvation from my Savior
- my job – just enough income to really change our finances, the ability to work at home 90% of the time, a great friend for a boss, and the chance to help people in the process
- the selflessness of my friends
- a hot mug of gourmet tea – a gift from my mother
- the health of my family
- my MOPS group
- my bloggy friends – many that I have never and probably will never meet this side of heaven
- my blog readers – I often wonder why anyone reads anything that comes out of my head. I often feel so inadequate doing what God has put on my heart to do.
- baby kisses
- cookie dough right out of the tube
- baby monitors
- the town in which I live – we are close to some family after many years far away from all family. There is so much to do and so many vibrant and ALIVE churches working to change the community for Christ
- our large back deck to let the kids run even when it is muddy
- the chance to help a sponsored child by writing and sending small gifts when we cannot afford to sponsor a child ourselves
- our government – yes, it is corrupt and there are crazy things going on, but it could be SOOO much worse. Pray now for November elections and then vote.
- my flip camera – so simple to catch a moment of life here and there and save for posterity and share with family who live too far away
Thank you, Lord for these blessings. You are far too good to me. I deserve an eternity in Hell. I have sinned. I have missed the mark. I am humbled and amazed that You love me so much that You sent your Son to die in my place. When You look at me, You no longer see my sin. My dirty rags. You see Christ in me. You do not give me what I deserve. Oh, Lord. Penetrate my heart and remind me anew each day how much You have done for me. Help me to love You with my whole heart. My sinful heart is incapable of loving You fully on its own. Lord, I pray for those reading this list and this prayer that they may fully know You. That You would heal broken hearts. I pray that You would use this humble blog and these humble words to change this world for You – one heart at a time.
I am here for you. I want to pray for you. Any time you would like prayer, please let me know. There is a button that lives in my sidebar. You can remain anonymous. I will pray for you. If you have questions about God or faith, just contact me and ask. I don’t have all the answers, but I know a lot of people who are much wiser than I am that I can consult!
What are you thankful for today?
It’s time to link up!
- All post must include a link back to Jenni Mullinix or Rediscovering Domesticity by using the button or a text link.
- Post topics can include: Biblical Encouragement, Home Management, Intentional Living, Marriage, Motherhood, and Recipes
- Giveaways are NOT allowed and will be deleted.
- Posts must be from family friendly blogs and contain no vulgar language, images, etc.
- Please link back to your blog post not your homepage.
- You need only link your post one time at either host blog. Once linked, your post will show up on both blogs.
- Visit the blog post linked before you and leave a comment. Of course, visiting more than one is encouraged.
How are YOU thriving today?