It seems like such a big number. Almost a whole hand!
Our little Buggy turned four recently.
Oh, he is such a blessing.
I think Buggy had a little “early-life crisis” over this birthday. He has been fighting me on anything deemed “big boy” for about 2 weeks. He was very snuggly on his actual birthday – much more than usual. I got to share small bits from his birth story as we rocked in the chair. He was thrilled to hear how much we loved him even before he was born.
It’s been no secret – these past couple of months have been, well, a challenge. Our little Buggy is quite strong-willed. On the flipside, he is one of the most compassionate kids I know. For his birthday cake, he didn’t want any of the normal birthday cake themes. Not this child. He asked for a “love cake.” He wanted a pink cake in the shape of a heart to show everyone how much he loved them. We compromised with two cakes (since most guests weren’t fond of strawberry cake). We did strawberry cupcakes in the shape of a heart that said LOVE. We also did a Daniel Tiger cake.
We started a brand new tradition – the Birthday Questions! I’ve heard a lot of friends do this and sometimes even make a video of the interview. Simple answers will have to suffice this time! I want to thank Simply Rebekah and lapaixdesmith for question ideas!
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite drink? Water
- What is your favorite time of day? Playing pirates!
- What is your favorite outfit? My blue moose shirt
- What is your favorite toy? My amimals!
- What is your favorite food? Crackers
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A pirate!
- What is one food you don’t really like? Watermelon
- What is your favorite animal? Birds because they are singing and I LOVE singing!
- What is your favorite show to watch? Doc McStuffins
- What are you really good at? riding my bike and scooter
- What is your favorite holiday? winter
- What is your favorite snack? crackers again!
- Who is the coolest person on this earth? Jesus!
- What is your favorite song? La – lalalalala! (he sings it to me)
- What is your favorite sport? Baseball!
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play pirates!
- What is your favorite book? I Can Share (with pull-out pictures)
- Who is your best friend? Four friends I like: Dooz and Hadassah and Max and Ryleigh
- What is your favorite thing to learn about in school? (we do speech class at the local elementary school plus homeschool preschool) Learning to fly!
- What is something that Mom and Dad always say? NO!
- Tell me one thing about God. I love my amimals. That’s one thing I love about God.
- What do you like to sleep with at night? Animals! Lots and lots of amimials!
- Where is your favorite place to go? To the dentist!
- Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world? To my house and to the world’s best and everywhere around I like to go,
- What is your favorite memory? Going to Hadassah’s house
- When you were little, what did you do? Be like Scrunch.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Muffins
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Muffins
- What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Muffins
- What is your favorite fruit? bananas and strawberries and grapes
- What do you want to do when you grow up? Get my own cookies and fix my that – so that when it is broken I can fix it. (he pointed to his stereo)
- What three words describe you? Scratching and being bean and being grr-ing around
- What did you like most about being 3? Grr-ing around and doing jobs
- What do you look forward to most being for? Using my cracker to suck my teeth off so I can be 6. It has a hook on it to pull down my baby teeth. 4 years have to lose their baby teeth because they were made to do that.
- Random: When you say doo two times, it is doodoo. That’s Spanish for poopoo. You don’t want to touch that. It’s gross.
Let me just say, I love this boy! I can’t wait to hear his answers as he grows!
Happy birthday, Buggy boy!
This post is linked up!